The friend & I were sitting in the train, next to each other & chatting away as no one is sitting around. While having conversation about our families & in-laws, we came to a point that during old age if people don’t have any activity they talk about the topic that is constantly in their mind.
Friend’s in-laws have three things only to talk about:
- Roop (Beauty – How beautiful & slim other girls & heroines are)
- Rupiah (Money – How much other people have)
- Bimaari (ill-health or medical issues they have)
My in-laws also have few topics to talk about:
- Money – How much their sons & DIL and neighbors have
- God – (How to please God so that God showers his blessings in form of money on them & their kids!! Strict Fasting, going to temples regularly, making prasshad for temple regularly, reading the holy books & learn them by heart, making a wish for unreasonable things (Mannat maangna) & then deciding that if their wish is fulfilled they will do fasting or pooja or anything and the wish will be Lots of money!!)
- Bitching – Yes, they do bitching!! They complain about someone constantly to make themselves feel good that they are better than their friends, relatives & neighbors!!
Friend’s parents think about below topics all 24 hours!! (As per the friend told me, I have met them couple of times only)
- Roop (Beauty) – how much Fair skin other people have..
- Praising themselves – They keep praising about themselves about the food they eat, the places they visit, the people they know, the contacts they have etc..
I was thinking about my parents. Actually my Mum & Dad are busy looking after their joint family, keeping them united & happy, entertaining the guests of all family members, Mum looks after my brother & sister’s studies who are 13 years and 16 years old, preparing for my other sister’s wedding, looking after my Grandpa’s health, talking to me regularly so that I don’t feel lonely here, talking to her own sister whose hubby passed away so that she is not very lonely there and also looking after 4 maids which is not a easy task. So, should I say that my Mum & Dad have their family on their mind constantly???
So, what’s on your mind now?? I have Valentine’s day shopping for PK on my mind since 2 days 😉