So the day finally arrived when the in-laws had to leave. Whole day was very uncomfortable, we did not know what to talk with them. We reached Airport in same sad mood, not that we were sad because they were leaving but sad because PK & I wanted to depart with them in happy mood but the situation was so worse that we could not even say proper good bye to them. It was just when they were about to go to the customs department, MIL started crying. She cried a lot. We did not reacted too much. I was sad that they did not even asked me if I have to send any thing to my parents.. Anyways.. so when I touched her feet when she was going in, she hugged me & cried A LOT!! But I did not even had tear in my eye.. All feelings were gone, all emotions, all happiness, everything was gone with the fight last week.
But now that they are gone, we can feel relief, no stress at all, no fear of getting judged, no tension. I am really feeling relieved. PK & I have decided to think this is the new year’s start for us. We have started our new life with positive thinking, positive talking, positive vibes at home. No more negative thinking, happiness & positive thoughts only & of course love 🙂
Achievement – I have done so much cooking in this last month that I will be taking Sanyaas from cooking for this month for sure 😉 PK, get ready to turn into chef 🙂
I think this is a big achievement for me..not that I did not use to cook before marriage but this was for the first time I was managing home, cooking for 5 people – lunch & dinner both everyday, going for work, going for grocery shopping, cleaning and along with all this being in a tourist mode constantly & taking the in-laws out..
Special mention for PK here because he really helped me a lot.. a lot means A LOT!!
Many days.. I cooked lunch for “all” in morning, then go to work, come back home & cook dinner for all..Here is the list of few things that I managed to cook for the in-laws..
- Koyla Khas-khas Chicken – (twice)
- Fish Fry
- Egg Curry
- Tandoori Chicken
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Corn Chaat
- Papdi Chaat
- Stuffed Omelets for breakfast with bread & hash browns
- Egg parathas
- Aloo tikki chaat
- Gajar ka hlawa
- Ras Malai – I made it from scratch.. really!!
- Pizza on Lebenese bread
- Corn Palak Lollipops with cheese stuffed inside
- Pastas, garlic bread, Greek salad – twice
- Numerous types of Pulavs
- Indo-chinese : Noodles, Fried rice, Dry & with gravy Manchurian
- Tomato & corn soup
- Vadapav & Aloo-parathas & Paneer parathas..
- Our normal food like Bhindi, guvar, parwal, aloo-matar, raita & all were made on days when I did not cooked any of above..
We took them out as well where they tried new cuisines..
- Japanese Sushi – they tried one with avocado & veggies & another with salmon & avocado.. FIL got tummy ache after eating it 😦
- Oporto burgers & Hungry Jacks burgers – Well these are just burgers but still new flavor & taste for them
- Guliyan Chocolate Cafe – I took them to this cafe when we were waiting for PK to return after parking our car in the city. They loved sipping hot chocolate in front of Opera house & Harbour bridge:)
- Thousand Spices – This is a nice Indian restaurant where we ordered Fish pakoras, Chicken Tikka, Pani puri (of course!!), Samosa Chaat, Veg Cutlets ONLY for Entree. For mains – Dal Makhani, Paneer tawa masala & chicken curry with rice & tandoori rotis. We were so full that we did not had any space for dessert!!
- Chutneys – This is again an Indian restaurant. That day was a weekday & we all were feeling like eating light so we all had south Indian Dosas, Vada Sambhar & Idli Sambhar with few cocktails & mocktails. yes this is light for us *please don’t roll eyes* PK was the odd one out here to order Chicken Biryani along with south Indian menu!!
- Krispy Kreme – This is an amazing place for Donut lovers. You can literally see heaps of donuts being prepared in their big machines while having your coffee & donuts. We tried jam filled Donut, Cinnamon Donut and the best of all Cookies & creme Donut.. Yumm!!!!
- Pancakes on the rocks – I love pancakes here, nice light & fluffy with ice-cream & chocolate sauce. Their Potato Au gratin is to die for.. yummerzzz!!
- And the desserts that we bought like Chocolate Mousse & Creme caramels and cakes and all are showing on the tummy now!!
We all went out every weekend, it’s like we visited each & every tourist attractions in Sydney during last month.
Let me take this moment to say a BIG Thank you to all of you who supported me with all the comments & hugs & love last month. January was bit difficult month for me but your support & this blog helped me a lot to keep myself sane.
So how was your weekend dearies?? 🙂